Fairview Christian School
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Valerie Dominique, Jennifer Laible (Events), Alice Hansen (Co-President), Holly Reichmann (CYO), Stacy Mitchell (Playground Committee), Kevin Tucker (Technology), Tricia Monsanto (Secretary), Lonni Cerezo, Peter Christensen, Sherri Hainje, Stephanie Arnold, and Diego Laible (Student Rep).
Meeting began at 6:25 pm with prayer.
Alice opened in Prayer.
Events: (Alice Hansen)
- Open House Feedback – January 26
- Story Reading from the Middle school kids was nice and well received.
- A great turn out of new families for both Child Center and School.
- Sock Hop Feedback – February 4 (Stephanie Arnold)
- Great turnout and costumes.
- Total profit for youth will be announced soon.
- Book Fair January 23 – 27 (Valerie Dominique)
- $270.00 of Scholastic funds to be used to buy library books.
- Next year anticipate a better variety of books and prompt arrival.
- Tap Root Assembly Feedback – February 7
- The assembly was great. There was good participation by the kids. Ages K thru 8th
- Everyone learned the fundamentals what bullying is – How to Recognize Bullying, Report Bullying and Refuse Bullying.
- Celebrating Fairview Arts – cancelled
- Shamrock Grams – The week of March 13 – 17 (Details TBA)
- Science Fair & Spaghetti Dinner – March 30 at 6:00pm
- Volunteers needed to help with Spaghetti Dinner (servers, clean-up, cupcake bakers).
- Spaghetti Dinner is a fundraiser for Washington, DC Trip.
- Staff Appreciation (Jen Laible)
- Please sign February Birthday cards.
- Community Outreach (Lynnann Griffin)
- Lynnann was unable to attend. No updates to report.
- Playground Committee (Stacy Mitchell)
- Elders have approved plans and more information will be available later this month.
- CYO Sports (Holly Reichmann)
- Track and Field for 4th-8th grade starts soon. Cost is $30.00 with applications due by March 27.
- City of Seattle offers lacrosse for girls grades 2 through 8.
- More details coming soon.
- Parent Led Activities (Alice Hansen)
- Need more parent volunteers for next class.
- Stacy Mitchell would like to teach baking class in April.
- Stephanie Arnold plans to teach a cooking class in May.
- More details coming soon.
- Technology (Kevin Tucker)
- Coding Class starts Next Monday 2/13 for kids 3rd though 8th
- Budget (Whitney Haucke)
- Whitney was unable to attend but send the Budget Report with her notes. The payment for the Taproot assembly will be reflected in the balance. We are doing well.
- School / Child Center (Jen Laible)
- Kindergarten enrollment is going well.
- There is currently a waiting list for child center.
- Box Tops Spring collection will start soon and deadline is March 1. Valerie will put the collection jar in the main hall.
- Bake Sale – Valerie reported that the Family Fund Bake Sale of $38 on Tuesday.
- Freezer Meals – Our freezer is full, thanks to the generosity of our amazing families! If you are in need or know someone who is in need, please let us know so we can bless them with a meal.
Meeting adjourned at 7:35pm. Our next meeting is Tuesday, March 7. See you there.