Fairview Christian School
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
In Attendance: Jennifer Laible (Events), Alice Hansen (Co-President), Holly Reichmann (CYO), Stacy Mitchell (Playground Committee/Marketing), Kevin Tucker (Technology), Tricia Monsanto (Secretary), Sherri Hainje, Jill McAdams (Staff Appreciation), Glenn McClimans and Jo McClimans.
Alice opened the meeting at 6:30 pm with prayer.
Event Feedback: (Alice Hansen)
- Shamrock Grams were a success and the kids really enjoyed them!
- Science Fair & Spaghetti Dinner was great! All displays were excellent and so was the meal!
Upcoming Events: (Alice Hansen)
Teacher Appreciation week: (Jennifer Laible)
- Will be held the first week of May (May 1 – 5).
- There will be different themes every day for the week.
- Money can be donated in the office to offset the cost.
- Save the Date – April 30 Kristin B. has graciously volunteered to host a party at her house to assemble gifts for teachers. Watch for an Evite. All mom’s will be invited.
National Day of Prayer is on May 4 (Alice Hansen) – Melody will give further details soon.
Spring Program, “Little Red Riding Hood” – Thursday, May 11 at 7pm. PTF volunteers needed to help set out cookies and clean up after. All families are invited to bring a plate of cookies to share.
Jog-a-Thon Spirit Week: May 15 – 19, 2017
Middle School Talent Show: Thursday, May 18. PTF volunteers needed to help pass out popcorn and clean up after.
Staff Appreciation: (Jen Laible) Staff birthday cards were passed around to be signed.
Committee/Fundraising Updates: (Alice Hansen)
- Bake Sale (Valerie Dominique) This week’s bake sale had a profit of $44.50. All proceeds go to the Family Fund which helps families in need.
- Popcorn Fridays (LynnAnn Griffin) More information will be coming soon.
- Jog-a-Thon (Amanda Olson) All money raised from the jog-a-thon will go toward the playground renovation.
Playground: (Stacy Mitchell) – No updates to report.
Community Outreach/Marketing: (Lynnann Griffin / Stacy Mitchell)
- Parents will be encouraged to add a Yelp review online about Fairview
- Stacy suggested advertising on metro buses before big events (like the Kindergarten Round Up and Open House) and also spending some money getting the word out about the Block Party.
- Website updating will be streamlined in June.
CYO Sports: (Holly Reichmann)
- CYO Track and Field for 4th-8th grades will cost $30.00/child. Applications are due Friday, April 14, at St. Catherine’s.
- Rain City Flyers is a local running club for kids. Their website has many sports options.
Parent Lead Activities: (Alice Hansen)
- Alice will teach a Jewelry making class at Bead World for 5th-8th grade girls. The cost is $25.00 per student and will start May 3rd for 4 sessions. They will meet from 3:45-4:45.
- Kristin is planning a Spring Craft Class which will also meet for three Wednesdays in May.
Technology: (Kevin Tucker)
- Tech group with Kevin going well. There are several faithful kids who attend coding and are loving it.
Budget: (Whitney Haucke)
- Whitney reported via email as she was unable to attend the meeting. We are doing well financially. The current budget was printed and distributed to those in attendance.
School/Child Center Update: (Kevin Tucker)
- Our new school administrator, Kent Davis was hired and will arrive at the beginning of June.
- We currently have a long waiting list for the Child Center.
- Davis is going to be implementing a new testing structure for Fairview called NWEA Test Access. This new testing will test kids at the beginning, middle and end of year which will allow for better tracking of student progress.
Student Rep: (Diego Laible)
- No Student Update. Diego is in Washington, D.C. with the 7th and 8th grade class.
Other Business: (Alice Hansen/Holly Reichmann)
- Disaster Awareness & Preparedness Team is being formed. One idea is to make Emergency Bags for the kids to be used in the event of an emergency.
Meeting adjourned. Next meeting will be May 2, 2017.