Fairview Christian School
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
In Attendance: Jennifer Laible (Events), Alice & Joel Hansen (Co-Presidents), Holly Reichmann (CYO), Stacy Mitchell (Playground/Marketing Committee), Kevin Tucker (Technology), Tricia Monsanto (Secretary), Pastor Glenn McClimans, Pastor Jo McClimans, Kent Davis(Principal), Lonni Cerezo, Sherri Hainje, Bev Lehman, Whitney Haucke, and Alexa Haucke.
Meeting started at 6:30pm.
Introduction of Guest Speaker: Alice Hansen
Guest Speaker: Nancy from Sustainable Seattle
- Explained Fairview’s Depave Project
- The first phase of the Rain Garden on the playground is completed.
- Due to the Rain Garden being installed, up to 48 million gallons of runoff water will be prevented from entering the sewer system.
Upcoming Events: (Jennifer Laible)
- 9/25 – Picture Retake Day
- 10/18 – EATT
- 10/27 – Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Rain Garden. Sustainable Seattle and Rainwise will be in attendance. Light refreshments will be served in the Auditorium.
- 10/27 – Hot Dog Dinner at 5:30. This is a fundraiser for the Washington, DC trip in 2019.
- 10/27 – Harvest Party from 6pm-8pm. Ellyana is looking for volunteers.
- 10/30 – 11/3 – Literature Week
- 10/31 – Literature Dress-Up Day
- 11/11 – Holiday Marketplace
- 11/17 – Thanksgiving Feast in the Auditorium at 11:30
- 11/20 – 11/21 – Parent/Teacher Conferences After School
Committee Roles & Fundraising: (Alice Hansen)
- Chinook Book Orders – Due 10/6
- SCRIP still available. Obtain info in Office.
- Wreath Fundraiser – Wreath Orders will go home in October. Wreaths will arrive the week after Thanksgiving for Christmas season.
Outreach: (Alice Hansen)
- Bake Sale – On PTF Tuesdays. Today’s Bake Sale raised $112.00.
- Freezer Meals (Alice Hansen) – Meals are available and always needed. Inquire in the office if you know someone who needs a meal or if you would like to make one.
Playground: (Stacy Mitchell)
- Sustainable Seattle will help with Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Press Release.
- Volunteers needed with playground design and sketches.
- Work on a timeline for Phase 2 can start now. We need a landscape architect to help us with the final drawing.
Marketing: (Stacy Mitchell)
- No updates.
CYO Sports: (Holly Reichmann)
- Basketball Registration now open. Go to St. Catherine’s website to register and pay.
- Practice for 1st-3rd grade Oct. 30
- Practice for 4th-9th grade Oct. 23
Parent-Led Activities: (Alice Hansen)
- Kevin will be starting a Technology/Robotics/Coding group in near future and needs volunteer adults.
- Alice plans to start another jewelry making class in November
Technology: (Kevin Tucker)
- An order was submitted for Smart Boards for the classrooms.
- Volunteers needed who have website experience.
Budget: (Whitney Haucke)
- See Budget attached to Agenda.
- Budget needs to be approved by PTF at November meeting.
Student Rep: (Alexa Haucke)
- 8th grade class is planning a trip to the coast and could use fundraising ideas.
School/Child Center: (Kent Davis)
- NWEA Test results were sent out to parents last week. Davis is working on scheduling a Town Hall Meeting to discuss results.
Disaster Awareness: (Alice Hansen)
- October 17th– Disaster Preparedness Meeting hosted by the Phinney Neighborhood Association at 7pm. Alice is planning to attend the meeting. Let her know if you would like to attend.
- We have a librarian who is volunteering in the library reshelving books. She has a vision for reorganizing what we have. We are always looking for volunteers who can reshelve books.
- Lehman is available to train the volunteer librarian on entering books into Renweb.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm.