Fairview Christian School
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Jennifer Laible (Events), Lori Sperry, Alice & Joel Hansen (Co-Presidents), Kevin Tucker (Technology), Tricia Monsanto (Secretary), Pastor Jo McClimans, Lonni Cerezo, Sherri Hainje, Alexa Haucke (Student Rep), Malia Dominique (Student Rep), Rachel Howden, and Mike Haucke
Meeting started at 6:30pm.
Joel Opened in prayer.
Upcoming Events: (Alice Hansen)
- 12/7 – School Christmas program @ 7:00pm
- 12/12 – Childcare Center Christmas program at 7:00pm
- 12/13 – EATT
- 12/15 – Noon Dismissal/ Ugly sweater day
- 1/22-1/26 – Book Fair. Volunteers needed
- 1/25 – Cultural Dinner and Open House. Bring food to share. More info to come.
Fundraising: (Alice Hansen)
- Bake Sale (Valerie Dominique) – raised $28.00 Tuesday
- SCRIP – SCRIP is available for sale at both Christmas programs. Obtain info in office.
- Wreath Fundraiser – Earned over $900.00
- Freezer Meals (Alice Hansen) – Meals are available. Inquire in the office.
Playground: (Alice Hansen)
- Met with Sustainable Seattle about when/if Phase 2 will start.
- Volunteers needed to help build raised beds required in order to complete Phase 1.
CYO Sports: (Alice Hansen)
- Basketball season has begun.
Parent Lead Activities: (Alice Hansen)
- Hour of code for the week of 12/4 every day after school
Technology: (Kevin Tucker)
- Smart Boards have been added in classrooms.
- Computers have been put in the Kindergarten class. Next class to receive computers is 1st & 2nd
- Requesting to upgrade parking lot cameras.
- Auditorium now wired for sound and projectors added.
Budget: (Mike Haucke)
- See Budget attached to Agenda.
- No updates at this time.
Student Rep: (Alexa Haucke/Malia Dominique)
- A poll will be done by 5th-8th graders to vote on the next parent led after school activity. Students will report back to Alice next week.
School/Child Center: (Lori Sperry)
- Car theft in the parking lot last week.
- Reminding parents not to leave valuables in the car.
- New PE teacher starting soon.
- Not at this time
Meeting adjourned at 7:30pm. The next meeting will be January 9, 2018 (the second Tuesday).