Fairview Christian School
Tuesday, May 2, 2018
Jennifer Laible (Events), Kevin Tucker (Technology), Tricia Monsanto (Secretary), Malia Dominique (Student Rep), Amanda Olson (Fun Run Coordinator), Valerie Dominique, Alice & Joel Hansen (Co-Presidents), Kent Davis (School Administrator), Frezer Mekonen, Holly Reichmann (CYO Sports), Kate Henderson, Glenn McClimans, Lonni Cerezo, Whitney Haucke (Budget), Mike Haucke, Alexa Haucke (Student Rep), and Sherri Hainje.
Meeting started at 6:30pm
Joel opened in prayer.
Upcoming Events: (Alice Hansen)
- 4/30 – 5/4 Staff Appreciation Week – Everyday this week there will be something special done for the teachers by the Fairview families.
- 5/4 – National Day of Prayer – Each individual classroom will have prayer.
- 5/6 – Fairview Hope Keepers– A group from Fairview will be walking in the Seattle Brain Cancer Walk on Sunday, May 6 in memory of Fairview mom Dayna Kindrick. Everyone is welcome. Walk starts at 9am.
- 5/10 – K thru 4th Grade Spring Program “Food for Thought” – Starts at 7pm in the Auditorium. Kids should be in classrooms between 6:30 – 6:45 pm. Cookies will be served during the program.
- 5/16 – EATT – Details pending. Setup and teardown volunteers greatly appreciated.
- 5/14 – 5/18 Spirit Week:
- Monday – Batter Up (Baseball or Sports Theme)
- Tuesday – Wake Up (Pajama Day)
- Wednesday – Giddy Up (Cowboy/Cowgirl Theme)
- Thursday – Surf’s Up (Beach Day)
- Friday – Brighten Up (Fun Run Day – Wear your Fun Run T-shirt)
- 5/17 – Mini Fun Run – One and two year olds will be running in the gym while the older kids and parents cheer them on.
- 5/18 – Fun Run – Castle Room thru 8th Grade will be running at Maple Leaf Park. We have lots of generous business sponsors and now we need kids to go collect lots of donations! 99Pledges pages will be sent home soon so families can share on social media.
- 5/21 – 5/24 -Young Authors Week – More details to follow. Class displays will be set up in the Main Hall.
- 5/24 – Middle School Talent Show – Starts at 7:00pm in the Auditorium.
- Family Fund Bake Sale: (Valerie Dominique)- Bake sale raised $40.00 this week, including $10.25 in quarters that went straight into the Quarter Drive.
CYO Sports: (Holly Reichmann)
- No updates at this time.
Parent Led Activities: (Alice Hansen)
- Volunteer parents needed.
Playground: (Kent Davis)
- Kent and Lori met with a play equipment rep and are waiting for a proposal.
Technology: (Kevin Tucker)
- He is available Wednesday afternoons after school for kids who are interested.
Budget: (Whitney Haucke)
- Budget is sufficient
- No new updates
Student Rep: (Malia Dominique/Alexa Haucke)
- Bubble Soccer was a big hit last year and middle school students would love to have that as a prize in the future.
School/Child Center: (Kent Davis)
- Fairview at the Mariners game – Fairview has purchased a group of tickets for the Mariners game on 5/4.
- Fairview Middle School students are going to the Mariners Weather Day on 5/16.
- There are several open board positions needed for 2018-2019. Inquire with PTF members or Office for details.
- Fairview families and PTF have logged over 1500 volunteer hours so far this school year. Great job!
Meeting adjourned at 7:00pm